We have been traveling for a week or so…..
It seemed too soon to decorate for Halloween before we left, but now it is only 2 weeks away.
I don’t do a lot of crazy Halloween decor any more. We never were the people who filled the yard with gravestones and ghosts.
I do like to do a few things that pay homage to the season.
This is one of my favorites!
I love fairy gardens…..and this one can be enjoyed in the warm comfort of indoors!
AND….almost every component is a thrift store find.
You can create your own “Scary Fairy Garden” or “Ghostly Gnome Home”.
These are the components:
- A large box or basket- this is a wine box/tray that I found at Goodwill. The aisle with baskets and wood always have great things for good prices.
- Ceramic houses that are usually in the Christmas decor section at the thrift store. I painted them with craft paint to look spooky.
- Small pumpkins are always available at the dollar store.
- Little ceramic ghosts can be sourced at the thrift store. You probably have some in your holiday stash.
- The stone “courtyard” is a piece of tile on mesh that we found at the tile store. A little moss tucked in is a nice addition.
- The “tree” is some curly willow that is tied together. A branch from the yard would work well.
- I added some battery powered twinkle lights wound around the branches.
Just my Sweetwater Style!