There is something so classically spooky about the Edgar Allan Poe poem “The Raven”
This great image which has the script of the poem and a properly witchy raven just had to become a pillow.
- I printed out the image on fabric (see the tutorial link below)
- I used some black ribbon for trim around the print
- I made the pillow out of burlap
- I added a big black bow
I used the freezer paper, fabric, ink-jet printer method that is detailed here by the “Graphic Fairy”.
It is really simple…..
- just cut a piece of fabric exactly the size of an 8 1/2 x 11 piece of paper and iron it to a piece of freezer paper.
- I fold over the edge of the freezer paper to make a clean edge to go in the printer.
- Then just print whatever image you want on your ink jet printer!
- Peel the fabric from the freezer paper….and go to town!
I messed up when I printed the first time….see how the bird is cut off a bit on the side?
I had this black tote bag with an ugly advertising image on it…..with the same ribbon trim….the “less than perfect” raven print became….the perfect little birthday gift for a literature loving friend!
Have A Great Day!
Coastal Charm DYI Dreamer Lambert’s Lately Blogstalker
Absolutely amazing…this is printed off of a computer? So beautiful! This would be great to link to Create It Thursday #23…it's live now! Hope to see you there!