Isn’t this great looking?
Tonia and Michael’s wedding reception was held in the beautiful Theodore Wirth Fireplace Room in Minneapolis. The backdrop for the head table was the fireplace. We wanted to have a simple and elegant frame for the wedding party. I think we nailed it!
Of course, we wanted to find a way to do this at minimal cost!
Read on to see how we did it….
- Green Hydrangeas right out of the garden –free
- 9 4 x4 wood blocks cut in various heights-scraps from the wood pile-free
- White paint from the back room-free
- 2 candle holders made from porch posts-found long ago at the thrift store-don’t remember what they cost
- Raffia-salvaged from a school that closed last year and donated by a friend-free
- Twinkle Lights from Kim’s Christmas storage-free
- Green Tulle from Michael’s –4.99
- 9 3inch white candles from Target-not sure of the cost but not expensive
- 2 pale green 6 inch candles from my closet-free
And you already know how I feel about never having enough twinkle lights!
The 4 x4 wood columns cut to different heights and painted white give the inexpensive short candles an impact for low cost!
Finish it off with green tulle for a little glam…
And there you have it!
You might also enjoy reading
|No Fuss Deck Lighting
|Keep your Hydrangeas from wilting
|Wedding Flowers for Less
I am linked to these link parties….you really should go take a look at some of the awesome ideas out there!