“The little things? The little moments? They aren’t little.“ – John Zabat-Zinn
Another rainy day…in a long string of them! I decided to come up with some “little things” that are giving me pleasure in spite of the gloomy vista out my window.
Check out this site….75 Simple Pleasures to Brighten Your Day
- My lobelia is beautiful because the heat has not come….
- The peony plants are still blooming….probably because the sun is not wilting them
- The yellow lillies look even brighter against the dark greens of the gray day
- I haven’t had to turn the spinklers or the air conditioner on
- I can appreciate how it must feel to live in Seattle
- I have a good reason to curl up with the cats and read a book
Okay…so now for the random thoughts…..
In another part of my life, I am a library media specialist in an elementary school. This means I spend a lot of time thinking about how the 21st century technologies should be impacting our schools. Today I have been reading about the disconnect between the “real lives of kids” and the “school lives” of kids. Since we are all out in the blogosphere….”you are reading this, right?”….we are caught up in the power of this kind of social media. Maybe it is time we start using this to help teach our kids….I will keep you posted.
If you are connected to a young person….ask them if they are frustrated by the lack of relevance at school. I would love to hear your comments.