It was a piano bench that was a thrift store find.
I painted the base white and added some padding before covering it with fabric that coordinated with the decor in another room.
Now it will be perfect with the new green stripes.
I wanted to keep the project simple and also make the new cover removable. It is important to have the cover washable….just in case!
The old upholstery was stapled to the bottom of the ottoman.
The new cover will really be a slipcover.
I started by cutting a generous piece of fabric that goes about 6 inches down from the top.
This will leave enough fabric to turn up as a hem.
I placed the fabric wrong side up on the ottoman.
Then I pinned a mitered on each of the four corners.
These mitered corners got stitched.
The stripes in the fabric made it easy to get a nice straight seam.
Once the stitching was done, I checked for fit.
Then it was just a simple matter of pinning up the bottom for a simple hem.
I decided to use iron on fusible stitch witchery hem tape to secure the hem.
I didn’t want any stitches to show and was afraid that even hand stitching might show.
HMMMMMM……I can’t wait to show you the details!
Have a Great Day!
Link Here to see the first installment of the mini-makeover.